View Single Post
# 1 01-04-2008 , 03:30 PM

Constraint and Joint rig help

Hey,

How you guys going?

I have been using maya ple version for about 2 weeks now, and this is my first shot at 3d programs so yeah anyway.

Recently, i have been making a model of a Mech.
So far ive gotten the legs and hip section done.

Now what ive done is create him with each working part constrained in some way, so currently each leg/hip (no feet yet) has got 5 points of freedom, and i can move all the joint areas the way i want them moved.
Ill attach my Mech in .RAR format so you can see what im talking about. Each Joint works with rotation atm, (joints as in moveable parts)

Now what im trying to do is place actual joints down and rigid bind them to him, and have the constraints still work, however i am havin great difficulty doing this.
Im finding that the legs and hip section will just deform when i try to move them.

So a basic aim of what im asking here, is if anyone has the time to have a look at my Mech, would you be able to show/tell me how i make joints correspond with the constraints.

I realise that i have probably done alot of things wrong from the start on him, but im fresh at this, and im kinda hoping not to have to use that excuse for ever lol.

Anyway, if someone could have a look at him for me, I would be very greatful, and i look foward to hearing feedback user added image

- Cheers, Ruff

Attached Files
File Type: rar mech legs.rar (224.4 KB, 695 views)