Thread: Macs
View Single Post
# 2 10-04-2008 , 11:16 PM
Not too sure what you get as standard, I really really dont think you will get shake as standard, in fact I think apple have stoped supporting it, you will probably get generic softwares to do things.

I think boot camp does come as standard, but you will still need your copy of windows, to me bootcamps a bit of a waste, your buying a mac, paying the a premium for it, and then going to install and run windows on it....

If it was my momey I would get a nice PC with XP, youll get more for your money, and your sure to be able to upgrade to the latest technology when it comes out, Mac's tend to be a bit behind in hardware even though its the same as in a PC, graphics are behind by afew months, and I dont think that you can get a blue ray drive for a mac at the moment, or if you can its a new intorduction in the past few months or so.

As for upgrades, you can but I doubt it will be trouble free in the sense thatyou'll need the right bit of kit, I mean I can go and get ATI, NVIDIA any card and it will work but on a mac I'm not too sure.

I really cant see a gain in getting a mac, although they look better.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle