Thread: Witch_face
View Single Post
# 54 16-04-2008 , 04:43 AM

FRUSTRATION

Well right now im realy frustated because the dress cant be animated by cloth.. It solves at a realy low tessalation but I need more polys to make the cloth solve better, but maya cant simulate the dress, it runs out of memory, or simply says cant solve going back one frame, and end up in a loop going one frame and then going back, and dosent solve.

I know how to use cloth, I have the digital tutors dvd about cloth I know about constrains and how to use the cloth, but I think its about the subdivision of the collision object and the subdivision of the cloth that for some reason the machine cant solve and runs out of memory.. I can make Flags, basics simulations, a cape but when It comes to simulate a complex character and a dress, looks like it cant be donne, maybe I need a NASA SUPER COMPUTER to solve this.. and its not like I have millions and milions of polys.

I also have remodel the dress, with curves and then creating panels and garments the sew those together, but is the same result, cant solve at a higer resolution, maya even give me a FATAL ERROR some times while solving. And the computer is a dual core, 2gb of ram and it has a good 3d card.

I have on the low poly body and gloves and boots and face just 3836 total faces and the smooth version is just a level 3 subdivision on my smooth proxy and that is 69600 faces total, so its not like I have something with too much subds.

So im realy frustrated now, I really dont want to animate the dress with a smooth bind and joints, but looks like I have no other choice and then try to use a little soft bodys on the dress but my character right now is completely bind, with the rig donne,and all the blend shapes donne, the only thing missing is the dress, so I dont know if im going to have problems adding more joint to animate the tail of the dress and then bind it ..

So if someone have some other BETTER solution plz your advice is wellcome.

So.. for now Im just going to upload a print screen with the bind of the character and some blend shapes and the controls for animation. user added image

Attached Thumbnails