Thread: Vista SP1
View Single Post
# 9 18-05-2008 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ragecgi
If you get a chance to read my attachment to my last post

Read it three times nowuser added image

you will see why I made the decision not to ever upgrade piece by piece because, well, as folks find out the hard way, it only breeds trouble.

In the past things have been pretty smooth for me. Though I spent a lot more time buying a proper replacement that was an upgrade.

I can clearly see at this point how waiting to build a new machine is a much better idea as to get a proper performance incrase via upgrades would cost about $800. Where as building a new machine that would be that much better than my "upgrade" would only cost about $600 more.

I'd love to have a main system like yours, but then again if I ever get into particles or effects I might have to.

Also having a job would help me out, but school first then a job, and then money for a new machine to screw around with in my free-time.

The one annoying thing now is that Vista had such awesome workflow tools built in for Tablet use, and XP doesn't. So I have to drop the pen, type in what I want to type and then pick the pen up again. But hey, I guess I'll have to make it work for now.

If you use a remote terminal to access your slaves, such as VNC or RDP (remote desktop connection), the machine you are using to access your slaves is providing the video to see the desktop of each slave.

NOTE: I have since added videocards to my slaves to handle hardware particle rendering.

So, whenever I got about $300-460 bucks or so, I try and add a new slaveuser added image

Roger that, I figured I had just about all the info I needed but then I find someone with some handy advice! Thanks a bunch rage. Always some helpful stuff seems to spew out of your posts.

Cheers,
Alexander

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”