Thread: How to start?
View Single Post
# 12 11-01-2003 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
Maya is an extremely big software package(dont be afraid)... its big due to fur, live.... blah blah and other unlimited and other normal stuff... maya will take a long time to learn...

begin by downloading the stuff thats here in the SM site..

make normal stuff that you see around yourself...

make a habit of sketching out all the sides and views of the object or place you are trying to model...(or can be on your mind too)

as konstantintos said, never get intimitadated by the awesome art by professional and expert mayans...

this can only bring frustration and gradually you will lose your interest to use maya, you can make your own stuff when you are an expert mayan..

Try to get all the tutorials you can...(www.maya3d.dk -> tutorials)... try to do as much as tutorials as you can...

you might think at first when you use maya... oh my god, how am i ever going to do this... all the mayans started out like this... then when you start using it... it becomes more easier and easier..
pretty much like learning to ride a bicycle... you always fall when you try to ride... but when you know how to ride, its damn easy..

and come here and keep asking questions and you will get all types of tips and hints, with which you can learn......

Never never never lose hope to learn maya... beleive me,,,, learning maya pays off once you know maya...

what i should probably learn right now is to stop using so many ".....", got addicted to that key........

Anyway.... enjoy learning maya... and welcome to SM...
Be glad to help you always

Tariq