View Single Post
# 9 23-06-2008 , 06:46 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by onyx86
Great model. The texture needs some work. The metallic / fishscale carpaint texture is too large and should be scaled down a bit. Right now the car looks like it would be matchbox car size.

Yeah, I thought so at first, but other people said it looked fine. But now they're saying it looks too big. People… lol.

Originally posted by Joopson
good model, but as i told you, it needs:

-Better lighting (no uffizi or HDR, use some area lights in this biznitch)

-the emblems added

-The very front of the hood looks weird...

-the blacks are too black (on the car :p)

-it looks like its floating around in some weird gray room... not on the ground...

-Also, the tires shouldn't be a perfect circle. they have alot of pressure on them, so make the bottom a bit flat. a little will go a long way. Linky link

and thats all i can think of,
-Andy

I told you Andy, I used a bunch of different HDRs, and the uffizi is the best one. I did kinda like the area lights, but they caused too many issues, and made my render times too long. I would love to add the emblems, but they'd be a pain to do. Could you get into PS and point out the area where the hood looks weird?

Yeah, I'll mess around with the tire color and see if I can get it to look good at a lighter color. As for the tires being perfectly round… does that happen with brand new tires too? I'll try to flatten out the bottom a little, but I don't know how it'll turn out.

Originally posted by GecT
The model looks good but those reflections look like they're about to jump up and kick me in the mouth, and the floor's color is so close to the car's so I can see why Joopson said it looks like the car is just floating in some weird gray room, the super sharp shadow adds to that I guess.

OK, I'll turn down the HDR and see how it looks. As for the ground color, what else would look good for it?

Originally posted by anasasis
just one more thing your edge loops going down the back of the car in pic 2 comes out a little on the model it might be the lighting or you edges are to close to one another on the smooth but as i said it could just be the lighting if u want o take a look its right in the middle of the boot and rear of the car

I think I know what you mean. The tutor didn't even put an edge loop in the back (there's like 2-3 of them in there), so his looks way off. I originally put the extra one in, but it made it look a little weird. I'll try it again and see if I can fix it.

Originally posted by gster123
As with what other people have said, the shader needs some work, have you got a sampler info node on there for the fresnell?

The wheels look a bit simplistic and could do with a more detials, bolt holes, bit of beveling etc, some tread on the tyres.

The top corners of the windscreen look a bit "rounded" not too sure if thats what the actual car looks like bit just seems a bit odd.

Also shouldent there be something to sepperate the fornt windows from the back?

Hmm… I didn't mess with that, as I thought the mr car paint shader would have done that by itself. I'll look into it.

I do have treads on the tires. And those corners are supposed to be that rounded. There's supposed to be something there to separate them, but the tutor never went over them. I've looked at how the real ones look, and they'd be a pain to add.

Well, I'll get to work on this right away. I should have the new pics up before 3 PM CST. The HD ones take about an hour to render a piece. :zzz: