Thread: Opera 9.5
View Single Post
# 28 06-07-2008 , 07:21 AM

Originally posted by acid44
how do you make opera stop trying to handle torrents.... it really sucks at it :p

I'm afraid I have no idea. I don't use torrents, dial-up is waaay to slow for this kind of thing, but an answer could be found under Help > Community/Support. Thats where I go if something leaves me user added image

@ BennyK

I used version 2. Latest one I had on my Linux install. And yeah, I know that Firefox is expandable through plugins, but its slow on my box without them. With them, it would probaly be more slow. I prefer (OK, I need) the performance that a Qt (the programming language Opera uses) app provides. I don't think Firefox is bad though, in case you are wondering.

@ Milan22

In my experience, IE6 would crash every 30 or so minutes by itself. If there were multiple windows open (tabs don't exist in MS land back in those days) it would crash every 15 or so minutes. If I closed one of the multiple windows, there would be a 1 out of 4 chance of it crashing and becoming:

A. This hideous zombie/ghoul process that would eat up memory and waste CPU time with a button on the taskbar filled with gibberish that when clicked on will induce a BSoD

B. A BSoD that will crash the whole computer.

I experienced this for years until I finally decided that the time I spent rebooting was more than the time spent downloading another browser. So I downloaded another browser and it was mostly well. So much for the legendary stability of Windows 2000 SP2. For those who want to know how I install and admin things, I did everything by the book and I still got a BSoD at the end of the day. Yay! :attn:

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!