Thread: ITV April 6th
View Single Post
# 51 10-07-2008 , 09:33 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
and just for good measure a quote from another website by myself regarding working with Mark over at redvision....

Ah cheers Wayne but the character design work goes to a real cool guy called Mark Reeve who worked on the original Spitting Image series as a sculptor. I was the only character modeler in the London Studio working with Mark and the others were in Manchester. I did about 30 in all out of 64. I'd say I built 20 from scratch, and the others were 'rebuilds' of models by the other dudes. No disrespect to them but there were days when the models didnt match Marks sketches so they would get handed to me to sort out with Mark telling me the problem areas, sometimes it would take me longer to sort out a head than it would to actually build a whole figure from scratch. Some of the topology was also a bit of a 'no no' in some cases which would actually be the root of the problems, basic edge loop stuff and all that you know. Some of the rebuilds included Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, Gordon Brown, David Miliband, Bono (above) was a total rebuild except the glasses, and a quite a few more that I cant mention until they are aired. It was a fun time doing them though thats for sure. Some of the best people Ive ever worked with in my life...a great experience.

if thats not a compliment I dunno what is!

anyway back to the burning the midnight oil....

Jay