View Single Post
# 4 24-08-2008 , 10:17 AM
You know those Microsoft commercials where people, upon their first taste of Vista, say, "Wow!" and look like that they have been enlightened by absorbing the collective wisdom of 10,000 wise souls?*

I think that didn't happen here :p

My fav. is this:

"next... another time waster.... alt+ctrl+del, instead of the task manager just poping up automatically (or after 3 minutes as it usually does) you get this new full sized screen that asks if you want to log off, restart, turn off the computer, and if you haven't fallen asleep from reading the long list you will get to the option you want... the task manager.... alternatively you can just right click the task bar and access the task manager from there... but still, it takes alot longer than just hitting three keys simultaneously"

LOL!

In Windows you need to hit three keys (alt+ctrl+del) to get the task manager. In KDE on Linux, its two keys, ctl+esc. The keys are closer to each other than ctl+alt+del and do not require both hands in order to press. Plus they are both on the left side of the keyboard, so most users will find it easy to access as the right hand is usually on the mouse.

And since its Linux, you can also customize which key(s) you want to open the task manager with.

Linux preaching aside, you would expect that Microsoft would make simple basic essential features such as the task manager easily assesable, considering that this is Windows and you need to use it often (used it twice today myself, DirectX went bonkers and needed the game to be end-tasked cause it froze). user added image

Anyways, I hope that your new system is better than your old one, despite some annoyances user added image

* Guess which myth this came from! user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!