View Single Post
# 96 26-08-2008 , 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Chirone
looks pretty sweet as a scene so far

Thanks

to comment on the fridge itself on the side with the bent panels it looks like the grain is going horizontal but the top looks like the grain goes through a massive direction change

Can you explain more clearly, perhaps with a sketch?

as for the scenery (which I'm sure Mike said isn't part of the competition, but it still looks cool, matches the fridge well) the grain on the shed looks flat? there's something not quite right about it.

I'm sure it can't hurt to have scenery. The entry probably won't be judged by it but it's still fun to learn, and it adds an old mood to the fridge itself.
again, can you be more specific about the shed? I need to fix the intersection with the ground there, that'll be in the next render.

and the ground looks odd, what are those depressed gray spots? maybe you should have a dirt ground with a few pebbles on it

About that, I need to fix the mid-air-floating-straw. I'm working on it now, plus I reversed the UV's on the ground and scaled it down to the render area(more resolution for the texture and less problems with shadows in the texture image). It should look better in the next render.
Pebbles are problematic to make since I've got small rocks on the texture and it'll just look weird to have real ones as well.

I'm worried about the fog though. You think it looks all right?

Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)