Thread: Characters
View Single Post
# 12 06-09-2008 , 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jay
Im really not a fan of bulked up 'look at the size of my weapon' like in gears of war.

The game was fun, though I don't enjoy those unless I'm playing co-op (I like a good shoot em up here and there). To a certain extent I agree with you (that Cole Train guy was just obscenely huge) and I can't really see much difference between those character designs and the designs from Unreal, Dawn of War etc and females simply don't have a place unless they're hot, dumb and half naked (lol I know most guys don't mind this and in some cases neither do I because I don't think a woman should hide her sexuality if she doesn't feel like it, but we're still people and for me, the dumb half naked cookie cutter chick gets old real fast) and I think thats where it really shows that entertainment is really formulaic at this point. Neither gender rarely has any depth and so the story remains quite topical. I get the fact that originality is "risky" in terms of the bottom line but some diversity is needed I think.

@ Mayaniac

I think excessive detail in illustration is just fine and dandy, not knockin em for puttting so much detail in their stuff but when those images start to move thats a whole different ball game to me, the visuals should help the story along not distract from it. Zbrush enables the artist to "run with it" so more often than not, people tend to go over the top just because they can. I'm tired of seeing Hulks and I'm tired of seeing Wolverines and all those big beefy veiny monsters are all starting to look
alike.

And constant hurricane warnings for Florida, yeah!!!

petersin, gotta keep it real, gotta keep it true, do your thing :p

- Genny