Thread: shadows?
View Single Post
# 22 23-09-2008 , 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by NeoStrider
i can't help but keep thinking this is a rendering of a dollhouse... everything looks small, even though it's technically correctly proportionate to the walls... *shrug*

I think it looks that way because of the scale of the wood textures.

Kalzenith, you're using Mental Ray, you can just lose the ambient lights and use GI and FG. In that case you would have to change the directional light to something else like a spotlight if you're going to emit photons from it.

As far making it look believable, you'd probably have to change a couple things as far back as the modeling stage like, the sofa, it looks very rigid (so are the cushions) and it has nothing between it and the floor. You may want to start beveling edges also. The kitchen floor, I can see someone tripping and falling every time they need to get a drink and the knobs on the stove are too large. The bevels on the small cabinet drawers would look better if they were scaled non-uniformly, just so the proportions looked like that of the larger cabinet doors. I'm guessing that some of the textures are stand-ins since I don't think they're high res enough to stand up under a final render. Hope I didn't come across as being harsh, just pointing out what I'm seeing. Anyways I think you should put this in the W.I.P section.

- Genny