View Single Post
# 1 25-10-2008 , 05:56 AM

Computer Problem

Hi, it's me again...

I wasn't sure where to post this, because technical issues only had to do with maya...

I was just wondering if anyone here knew what the problem with my laptop was... It's not exactly new (it's actually kind of old) which leads me to believe it's a hardware problem.

Either way, recently it just stopped starting up. That is to say, whenever you start booting up, it will go past the screen where you can enter the BIOS, then it will do the windows loading thing (black background, moving green bar for loading) and then the screen will be black for about 5 seconds, then I will get a Blue Screen of Death..

It's a windows XP laptop, made by HP..

The Blue screen says:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and then it says a bunch of stuff thats useless like boot in safe mode, and a bunch of other common fixes.

Then it gives technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE1AE0000, 0x00000000, 0x809013D1, 0x00000001)

So... thats that..

Some other info that might be useful:

The computer does not boot normally,
Does not boot in safe mode,
Does not boot in safe mode with command prompt,
Does not boot in safe mode with networking,
Does not boot with last known good configuration.

When the recovery CD is inserted (the recovery console one) I have the option to set up windows or use the recovery console.

Either one of these results in a BSoD. Also trying any of the above listed (safe mode, etc) also results in a BSoD.

So do you think the hardware is just shot? I am probably going to try reinstalling windows, but if the hardware is shot, then it won't work to reinstall windows either, I don't think.

-Bluethunder