View Single Post
# 10 05-12-2008 , 02:40 AM
ok so first of all im in a 3d class and my teacher knows less about maya than i do, so do the other 2 kids in the class... they had a semester to mess with the program before i got into the class too.

I don't think this is too much if i model a character each week for the rest of the semester and then rig them and skin them in another week.

I needed a sun effect for the outdoors so i can do a sort of solar flare effect by having the camera use a tracking point on that light and have the solar flare be on the shoulders of one of the characters.

I can get more help if i need it, like my friend is writing the story/script and then im getting the drama department at my school to act it out and the communications people to help me edit it (im better at sound editing than them sadly but they have software and mics that i can't afford) and i was goin to see about making it a group project and havin the other 2 kids do textures in photoshop or something but if i can handle it on my own im gunna try to do so.

I am probably wrong but i think this is completable by the end of march heh, we will sure see but if i don't have time to finish it by then ill put al the characters i have done in some kind of short short film

I love the fact that you say i should hire a studio though cause the more impossible people who know what they are talking about tell me it is the more I am gunna make sure it gets done 8 )

Last edited by trwilliams; 05-12-2008 at 03:03 AM.