View Single Post
# 13 07-12-2008 , 05:11 AM

Originally posted by LauriePriest
lol honestly... ditch the fur... i really think you need to work on the design some... for example it doesnt really read as a maniac to me.

Doesn't really need to be read as maniac. The guy in the sketch also doesn't look all that maniac. I will definitely consider removing the fur, but I like the challenge of making it look good first user added image

Empathy is so so so important, if people dont have someone or somthing to empathise with they just wont care. Make us feel sorry for him.

Agree, it's important to bond with him somehow. I need to figure something out but as I only have one hour left until first deadline I can't really change the story a lot :/

I know you dont have long but its really worth spending atleat 50-60 % of the time on the planning, also be aware that good animators do around 2 and a half seconds a day.. and this is your first film, make it shorter if its within the brief, if its not then do really really stylised animation. Look at things like south park or family guy, it isnt full body animation, you are going to make your life really really hard with all the action your planning in this.

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, we have had very limited time for the first part of the project and the same goes for the animation part (which is also over christmas). The reason to why there's so much action is because my teacher is expecting something like 3-5 minutes in this short period of time which isn't possible unless _nothing_ happens. I prefer doing 1-2 minutes with some action instead, but I am aware it's quite a challenge. I should also add that I doubt I'll be happy with the result, but I might end up refining it after course ends.