View Single Post
# 9 26-03-2009 , 12:03 PM
Basically if you can get Maya to bounce two billiard balls off each other in a convincing way, go for it with Maya!

It is really easy to get bogged down with the details here because there are all sorts of annoying factors such as stickiness, inertia, spin conservation, slippage, and so on. We just want an approximate system here.

Those who know a bit of programming will probably be interested to see the plugin for Maya here:

https://br.geocities.com/laloschmidek...sionField.html

Though you may have to iron out some bugs

BACKGROUND INFO

I hope you will be interested to hear some background to this to explain the direction I am taking. If we go back to 'the beginning of time' we cannot have anything that takes time to be made, really there can be no structures at all, including atoms. All that we are left with is dimension and energy, and, if we accept that, all that is permitted is fluctuations in space time to represent both elements. It is thought from quantum electrodynamics that there are virtual particles which flit in an out of existance, but the details are poorly understood. The two previous ideas seem to gel quite well. Now we need to get these particles to sustain larger structures. I can only see two methods either vortex forms or to give space an inherent stickiness, which I feel is impossible. All other structures have to have some invented shell or unexplained force force. I am forced therefor to believe that the virtual particles are some kind of localized variation in the density of dimension.

So we have to approximate these and let the actual experimental results, such as the data from the electron slit experiment, refine the approximations. So I suggest that spheres are taken, zero stickiness, zero friction, and zero spin are used initially in the models.