View Single Post
# 5 27-03-2009 , 10:22 AM

OK

OK....as Chirone said i modified the model.It is almost complete.But when i saw the model(attached pic) then i got really angry to me.Cause i thought that i have learned sth.But this model with only 2.1K wheres mine is 2.66K !!!.

I know that there is the normal and spec map working...but though this looks very impressive.Could any one plz tell me how to do those normal maps!(did he used zbrush?)(do HL2 supports spec map???)

user added image

I have attached the (almost...the tentacles needs some modification which are negligible with respect to the final one) final model.I dont know how to reduce the polycount frm this current state.Is there anything to do here!!

Frm this modeling i have concluded sth---
No matter how conscious u r some triangles are gonna come out at the end(Except if u r an extremely good modeler)Correct me if i am wrong!
Cause in the attached screen shot there is some triangles at the eye.How come any one can avoid those where those high details are needed??

One more question, when i try to uv map of this model with RoadKill then it says that the model needs cleanup!Does it means the cleanup command under the MESH menu??If it is so then i need some further instruction abt this opt.Cause I don't know how to use it.Whatever i try to do with it the model becomes very distorted!!!

Attached Files
File Type: rar final ok.rar (88.1 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by iamcreasy; 27-03-2009 at 05:49 PM.