View Single Post
# 4 28-05-2009 , 02:26 PM
The Maya Mountain
What kind of work are you looking for?

My first impression of your site is it takes a long time to load.

My next impression is that I can only see one image at a time. I'd like to see a gallery of thumbnails, preferably categorized in some orderly fashion that I could then browse easily.

Ah, I see, I can do that by clicking the Work navigation buttons.

Right off the bat, I agree with Vlad. The two images you're using to lead into your two categories (high poly and low poly) are both unfinished projects.

Being a game artist, I immediately click the Low Poly category.

I really dislike Flash galleries for taking so long to load. That's just my opinion.

I can tell you that most employers for game companies these days are looking for current-gen examples of game art. The low poly art you've displayed is what I would call "handheld" low poly, as in geared more toward the DS or the PSP. Current PC and console games are more in line with 10,000 poly characters, quarter-million poly environments and the like.

I'd also refrain from posting unfinished work in galleries other than your Work In Progress gallery.

If you are interested in game work, I'd definitely suggest getting more current gen game work, ala normal maps, high-to-low poly models, etc. Or if you are going for handheld 3D work (which is very viable these days with the DS, PSP, etc being so popular) I'd make sure to expressly say so one way or another.

Hope some of that helps.

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt