View Single Post
# 11 01-06-2009 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
Firstly I want to say thank you to all who have commented so far, hopefully with your help and input should be a little closer to achieving my goal of employment in the industry.

I have read through everything and here's what I'm going to do.

vladimirjp

Thank you, I can sort of see what you mean about the theme of the site. I'll keep a lookout for improvements that can be made.

Mike

I have checked the site on a number of different PCs and the loading time does seem to be a little long. I think the reason is the slide show, I'm going to change the resolution of the images that it displays which should fix the problem.

The images that are used were chosen because they were roughly the same colour and could be easily distinguish between what is high-poly and what is low-poly. I didn't really make a conscious effort to pick models that were untextured.

I can see what you mean about my low poly gallery. I think the way around it would be to give better descriptions of the models so it is clear to all what I am trying to achieve and what I'm demonstrating. I'll also be adding some examples of low to high modelling and other game related stills so thanks for the advice.

I can also see what you mean about posting unfinished work in my gallery, while I think that the work is only unfinished in the sense of they haven't been textured. My work in progress gallery is basically a collection of models that I'm currently working on whereas the untextured models are completed modelling wise. If you know what I mean.

hammer.horror

Dom, I completely sympathise with your situation. I too left Escape Studios and started doing some work experience as a runner. Unfortunately at the end of it they didn't really have a job for me so I had to move back to Essex and start getting some money. Finding time to get the 3-D after a hard day's work can be difficult. I wish you the very best.

While on the subject of websites, I noticed on your side couldn't view your show real. Not sure if that was just me.

NitroLiq

I understand what you're saying, I suppose my only reservation in leaving it out is that I spent a long time making it and it's a model I'm proud of. It's not perfect as I can understand but I would still be reluctant not to include it as a demonstration of my ability. However, considering I don't have a job in industry yet it might be something I had to reconsider.

lillsnopp

A bit embarrassed, however I've changed it now. I would like to think that errors are not my trademark. user added image

The star destroyer is quite high, I'm not sure how high your when I get a chance to look into it I will post back.

The Architect

if you're talking about the flash gallery on the front page then I think I might have found the solution and will experiment soon. I'm also open to the idea of having a randomly generated image visit. That would obviously speed things up a great deal for people with slow connections.

I think a tool tip for the RSS icon is most definitely needed. I will also go back and edit my welcome message to make the direction is a little more clear. There is also the option for people to subscribe by clicking a link at the very bottom of the page.

I also think my site news could be a little bit more descriptive, I think I forget that not everybody wants to click on the headline for more information and would prefer just to more displayed right off.

GecT

I am interested in this maxwell gallery that you are talking about, but after doing some searches on Google have not been able to find anything. If you can show me an example that would be great.

Thank you once again to everybody, I'm sorry this post has been quite long but I just wanted to go through all the points. Once I've acted upon them come back and let you all know.

Cheers

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog