View Single Post
# 142 18-11-2009 , 11:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I just about have the map for the panel lines, and rivets, hatches and latches details done. Those are the really hard. I keep having to play with different projections. Straight lines are really tough unless you go with a perfect orthogonal projection. But then you have to split things up into four planar projections and deal with seams. Bozhe Moy!

I agree Legend I am not totally happy with the colors. I like the pattern though. I used to keep a large 400 gallon marine aquarium and I think I was subconsciously thinking of clown fish for the colors or maybe I watched "Finding Nemo" one to many times (lol).

I have been tinkering with colorize but have not chanced on a better combination yet.

If anyone wants to toss any color pallet suggestions my way I will gladly try them out.

As for workflow, I am probably not working in the correct order but I am obsessed with getting the panel details right as they are something I really want to learn how to do. I have a keen interest in futuristic quasi military vehicles and once I get the workflow for this down I will have the tools I need to do a bunch of models along these lines.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 18-11-2009 at 11:38 PM.