View Single Post
# 6 19-12-2009 , 10:38 AM
I just watched the regular version. Even though I am an aerobatic pilot with over 4000 hours of flight time the 3D affects give me vertigo.

However, I do plan on seeing the iMAX 3D version this weekend.

When I was talking about "3D" above I was referring the the 3D modeling, texturing, aspect of the moving. It was just breathtaking.

I searched to find what modeling tools they used and all I could see mentioned was Cinema 4D (but I think that was for texture painting) and I saw a Youtube clip that clearly showed the "Scorpion" attack helicopter being modeled in Modo.

No mention of Maya. I sure hope Autodesk gets off their ass and really starts to put some of the more powerful modeling tools of Modo into Maya. I really do like Maya's workflow and hate the idea of learning a totally different modeling package just to get the latest tools. But the stuff I am seeing done in Modo is starting to make me believe there are some serious advantages to switching to Modo as a modeler.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 19-12-2009 at 10:43 AM.