View Single Post
# 7 07-01-2010 , 08:25 PM

if i remember right on the news when toy story first came out years ago they mentioned how they had lots of faces made for woody and showed a whole lot of physical models for his head with various expressions

It's a funny thing. When I worked at Sun Microsystems one of my colleagues account was Pixar and he was given one of the maquets of Woody.

The sales manager swiped if from his office one day and left a ransom message made from letters cut out of a news paper along with a plastic ear painted with red nail polish for blood wrapped in gauze with a picture of Woody with a gauze wrapping on his head soaked in blood precariously sitting on the edge of a bath tub filled with water and a brick tied around his ankle.

We all had to laugh because the note started...

"If you ever want to see your woody again..."

... and ended with elaborate instructions to fulfill his ransom demands which included a donald duck pez dispensor, a yoyo, and something else I cannot remember it was like a tootsie roll or something that was to be placed is a plain brown paper sack and left at a bus stop bench seat near the office at a specific time.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675