View Single Post
# 1 18-01-2010 , 10:36 PM

Simple question-dragging

Ok please don't laugh at this question as I am sure the answer is very simple but I cannot figure it out.

I am trying the free "basic human form" tutorial and I get to the part where he makes the sphere and positions it over the head and zooms in. Ok what happens when I zoom in is the head and sphere are up above my view and I spent an hour last night trying to figure out how to drag the work area down so I could zoom and focus on the head while I worked on it. This has frustrated me so bad because I am sure I have overlooked how to do this.

I just got the learning videos to work finally so I am going to watch those before I attempt another tutorial.

One more issue I am having with these free tutorials is that I am using maya 2010 and it seems all the videos I have downloaded are using the prior version and there seem to be differences in menus. Is there an easy way to figure out what the important changes are so I don't get stumped again? The one that comes to mind is in the cartoon dog tutorial he tells you to use the "modeling" menu and of course I have no such menu and I figured it that it is the "sufaces" menu the best I can tell in 2010. These little things are really holding me back from learning these tutorials...I have attempted 3 and get stumped on the very first video part and cannot continue.

Thanks in advance!