View Single Post
# 16 04-02-2010 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
Thankyou Stwert. Im quite excited about it! I want to keep my fingers crossed that I can keep it on a good path. I have some quite clear ideas about what how and where to add work. Just, yeah, really hoping I can make good of this.

It is nearly all Maya. Ive only done an hour or so painting. When I made the three skyscrapers that are in the back of the picture (what you could see in the pictures at the start of this thread) I took them into z, made myself some alphas of squares, to put in the windows. I didnt want to be too precise, just more to lay down some markers as I knew theyd end up being seen from a fair distance. But I wasnt too happy with the composition, so Ive spent some time over the last few days, expanding the city, building the geometry down below, and playing around with renders. I wanted to make a huge image, I had 16 (!!) perspective cameras set up, all covering a different patch, and made a montage of the renders in Photoshop. But it really was so much hassle. If i added a bit of geometry Id have to re render four of five times, then cut and paste, position, sort the hue and saturation and stuff. So...yeah. 80% Maya, 18% Photoshop and 2 % Z. But its all Photoshop from here. I have had a lucky accident with the way the lighting has caught the zbrush work though, to give me a headstart on all the windows...only half intentional..