View Single Post
# 20 06-02-2010 , 02:39 PM
Subscriber
Hi all. A little update on this, need to get some frustration off my chest!... Im finding it hard to loosen up. Its been along time since of painted, painterly like, and at the moment its taking me about an hour to do just a little bit of work. I would like to get my speed up. Its silly I guess, as one of the main benefits of digital art is the ability to undo, so the fear should all but be gone from making marks, but, am finding it slow going. Im going to try and post less with this picture than I did with the dragon picture, I think sometimes I get caught up with the posting my focus actually gets drawn away from the image, and I dont want to suffer overkill as much as I did with the dino_chick thread.

Im feeling quite constricted by the scale and composition of this piece, its making me feel a little trapped/claustrophobic. I bought The digital painting Bible by Gary Tonge a few weeks ago, and ive really been admiring some of his work, digital paintings, but very spacious, with a real nice sense of atmosphere and light....but thats inspiration for the future.

Hopefully the more I can grow in confidence, the quicker I can work. Im getting so many ideas and want to try so many things at the moment Im actually having trouble going to sleep, its making me think of those kids on the advert who cant sleep cause theyre so excited about going to Eurodisney!

Here is an update I feel I want to post, will try and make more genuine progress between posts from now on as I say. Hope its coming on ok...

Attached Thumbnails