Thread: Furbie Newbie
View Single Post
# 11 15-02-2010 , 06:35 PM

Originally posted by GecT
If you're planning to use any textures, yes you do. I don't think it was a good idea to have the entire model be one piece of geometry, like the gum and teeth and stuff. I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with all that, but in all honesty, this isn't the simplest model to learn UV mapping, so if you can manage to separate then it may not be such a hardship.

Well that is part of the issue. I am picking up what I know about Maya here and there and everywhere. The problem with learning that way is that there is no list or teacher with the big picture telling you, well you really need to know a, b ,c to do this task. So in other words I am wandering around :headbang: crashing into things that I need to do but didn't know I needed to.

Anyway, your suggestion is to fully map the entire model after I have removed the dentures ;-). In other words have the entire body mapped, I presume the inside of the mouth too.

As far as the complexity of the model is concerned..... well I have always jumped in head first to see if there was water in the pool. Tend to learn my lessons well that way.....

Thanks

d

Last edited by roontoon; 15-02-2010 at 06:40 PM.