Thread: Matte Paintings
View Single Post
# 15 05-04-2010 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber
thanks jay. we've been shown a couple of techniques, one involving finding a suitable channel in the channels menu, and using the levels tool to increase contrast. the other was a way of duplicating the outside edge of the cutouts and screening back over the top at like 5-10% opacity. i havnt described either of them very well i dont think, i will go back over the techniques on the workshop forum which will apparently be left open and online for some time to come. i have to admit i didnt spend as much time trying and experimenting with the techniques as i should, it has been quite a hectic schedule. 'blooming' has also been mentioned by the instructor - made me think of you!

this week it should be about texture projection with nuke/maya. i would say its the week ive been most looking forward to, this week, but then i thought i was in heaven last week when i was reading through the 'preparing layers for export to afx and setting up a 2d camera move', lecture notes, and by wednesday i was climbing the walls with frustration, so i'll keep my mouth shut this week and just see how it goes...