View Single Post
# 1 27-04-2010 , 10:34 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Hawking on Discovery Channel

hey all

for those in the states, you can see my work on Discovery Channel on the Stephen hawkings Universe series thats just began. We have to wait until May her in the UK to see it but you can see a fair bit on Discoverys Site: https://dsc.discovery.com/videos/step...ing-ocean.html

Its good to see my stuff in action after many months of being responsible for designing, modelling and texturing alot of it.

I was responsible for creature designs and built 3 out of the main 4 models. the only one I didnt do was the yellow predator creature. But that has changed since I last saw it over a year ago, originally the color was like a croc and it looked better for it IMHO. But thats production for you. I also created most of the starship models, the main one being the lightspeed ship and its launch gantry, which I was very proud to see come together as the model took me bloody ages to do as its covered in greebles and took a while to open (cup of tea job) the star backdrops and also a huge cityscape matte were done by me, plus tons of textures and a lightspeed train too....

not all of it looks awsome, there are some hummer moments and there are changes here and there but generally its good for tv and something for the resume...enjoy

cheers
Jay