Thread: Matte Paintings
View Single Post
# 38 20-05-2010 , 08:56 PM
Subscriber
Ive got like this 550 odd page user manual sitting here which I want to get stuck into. Ive only used a ple version of Vue before, and to be honest, I didnt really like it, but never got too familiar with it. Couldnt stand the resolution limit and watermarks on the renders. This time ive told myself I'll really try and get to grips with it, work through the manual, visit conrnucopia 3d site and try the tuts on there.

Ive heard about some of the render times on animations in vue, like...days, not hours!... but not really planning on using it for that.

That'll be annoying if you cant do render passes. Do you mean like, you cant save out stuff in layers? so it'll still involve cutting out bits to use stuff in photoshop?

Oh, do you mean, you can export scenes to Maya and them Render them out of there? I read about the different plugins for that on the E-on website. But I think that ability is only with the super-duper-top-of-the-range-Vue for studios. I've just gone for Vue 8 Infinite, which doesnt have that export ability.

Last edited by ben hobden; 20-05-2010 at 08:58 PM.