View Single Post
# 12 02-08-2010 , 10:28 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Ataraxy
I disagree with people die because it's to get rid of the old ideals and whatnot. Wisdom comes with age and experience and what better way to pay down true knowledge than to have lived through it and learn from your own mistakes.

history books don't tell all. they only tell the side of the story of who wins. Then things are forgotten only to have them repeated again.

taken out of context what i said about people dying to get rid of ideals clearly is stupid. people don't just wake up one morning and say 'hey i think i'll die and take all these silly ideals with me and make the world move forward', however what i was saying was that if poeple don't die we'd be moving forward slower (and also overpopulating the planet)
while the saying 'wisdom comes with age' is true, it only comes when the person lets it.
for example, you crash your car into a lamppost because you're super drunk. a police person tells you that you shouldn't drink and drive, you hate police people telling you what to do, therefore you will do it again.

i've a friend who's grandad hates japanese people because of the war.
some french people in ADR are so in love with their hand writing they hand write all the cues instead of moving to a more legible format
my grandad says he'd never buy a japanese car

if you can't make a mistake you can't make anything, but old habits are hard to break.

i have to disagree with what you said still though, bullet.
if people lived forever the world wouldn't be a better place. there are currently more morons than intelligent people :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D