View Single Post
# 29 06-08-2010 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber
@ Chirone

You said

you might be right with the whole distribution of those stats, but it still doesn't justify being able to say 2/3 learn and 1/3 doesn't. also, those three statements really outline 4 types. there are people who learn from their mistakes as well as others. "

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. In my studies I've narrowed it to the basics

the people who learn from others mistakes also learn from their mistakes. These people are the ones at the top of the bell curve.

the ones who learn from only their mistakes are in the middle of the bell curve.

Those who don't learn from their mistakes or anyone one elses are at the bottom of the bell curve

just clarifying the "argument" of that

Your analogy about the Mouse. Good point. However that thought process is the same as "if it's not broke don't fix it"
which is used for a for reasons. Cost to upgrade or buy new or better is not economical for those people. Or they don't have the time to go through the learning curve again and or are so old and they know there isn't enough in their life to move on with a newer way of doing things.

But, if one is immortal they would have plenty of time to adapt and accept new things and advance with the times

A great example of this is from a movie reference called

"The Man from Earth"

A college professor reveals to his colleagues that he's actually centuries-old, dating back to being born a caveman. And every ten years he has to leave behind where he lives and disappears changes his name and start over because people start to notice he never ages.

He's reluctant to tell them because he doesn't want to become a science experiment but he's worked with these brilliant minds for so long he feels he needs to.

They barrage him with doubtful questions as he explains and answers all their questions with perfect sense. Yet he never ages and is pretty much immortal and as the time progress he adapts to the new things technology and modern society provides.

One example is why doesn't he have any artifacts of his prehistorc times. He picks up a pen and says this time. Would you have this ink pen 100 years from now? You're clothes. You would still have the same clothes you are wearing if you were alive 200 years from now? they answered no. For obvious reasons. they would become obsolete and simply too much baggage from over time to keep up with when they are useless.

Though. He has kept one artifact <well not really a artifact> But Picasso painted him a picture and autographed it to who his alias was at the time.

It's a low budget film but it makes ya think yet he logically explains how and when all the whats. Check it out if u want

gtg for now. meh lady just arrived from being gone! chat with ya folks later!!!!!!!