View Single Post
# 22 18-08-2010 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
Bullet... That happens when, as dave is saying, when you export geometry from maya to zbrush and the edge flow isnt very good. The verts are merged in maya, but because I created the torso and arms from primitive cylinders, where those cylinders had 10 sides but just one face on the end, that face was therefore 10 sided. Zbrush likes 3 or 4 sided faces, and does things like what you see in the picture to faces with more.

Dave, you are helping, and thankyou. I put the mesh into z as a test, just for this kind of reason. The bits on the arm and torso I can live with as I am thinking of having them out of shot or underwater. I didnt check for 5+ sided faces, so perhaps youre right and that is what is causing the problem. Im of the mind now where I dont want to go back for fear of producing worse results next time around. Ill check my base mesh tomorrow and see if I can find any offending geometry. I will also check for potential 'spikers'. I know what you mean, I had that problem at the very tip of the tail on the dragon in my dragon market picture.

Last edited by ben hobden; 18-08-2010 at 11:41 PM.