View Single Post
# 6 09-09-2010 , 11:25 AM
Lifetime Member
Sadly I agree with Steve....I have the exact same problem re-teaching uni or TAFE Surveyors...how to be Surveyors...and no I didnt go to school..I learnt in the field.

Stanno I cant understand how or why they really want you to do this?? Texturing is obviously a progression in the overall art of 3D. I would have assumed they would be teaching you modelling basics first up....without those even a good artist will flounder.

I am glad that there is a site like this (one of the best by far) where you can get a lot of help from good people. I wont re-invent the wheel but I use Dango's method (by trail and error) but am learning the hypershade is good for complex mixing of substance. (more so you can see whats going on in the Hyper window etc)

Can I ask is this program PART of something larger and they are trying to compress the learning process for this reason? If so I would question..as Steve said..the end result mate?? I only do it part time (yes you can tell LOL) but I reckon I have learnt more from the guys (and girls mmwwaa) here than I would get from a powercourse/shortcourse.

For image planes there are some here I believe and GOOGLE is your best mate (well for me anyway). There are some good free and easy tutorials for this.

I dont know mud from clay but break it down. I dont know what they are doing but HOW or WHAT is the image meant to look like. Are you doing 2D with create poly then extrude etc? If it is simply to learn mapping do as Dango or Oz said. Then apply the shade to the model. Remember to press 6 to apply/see the image on your model mate. I think 5 provides the shade and 6 proje cts it to the model...something similar anyway.

Post some images of what you are trying to achieve..

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes