View Single Post
# 25 30-11-2010 , 11:04 AM
Subscriber
you always hear about how people are 'addicted' to facebook and twitter and do stupid things like post how they killed someone or how much of an ass their boss is

as someone who was never really a part of society (not really by choice) i don't understand the appeal of it, but you have to admit that the masses use it, it's everywhere now, and you hear a lot of stories about how it's such useful marketing tools. i think jsprogg is right in what he said though. the whole thing where people look at ratings or how many people 'like' something and decide if it's good based on that are just people that you can abuse for their money. easy manipulation. There was some movie that became a flop just because someone started tweeting it was bad (was it Juno?). i don't think anyone actually knew if it was true or not. but it's easy to manipulate the tastes of people and even easier now with facebook and twitter

i had to put some facebook thing into the Anne Geddes iPad app we did a few months ago where users could post that they like a picture in the app.
and i can say i did end up wasting a lot of time trying to get that s*** to work. (although my colleague managed to do twitter in a few minutes because it's easy)
So miss nova when/if you have trouble with facebook and integrating it here you will have my sympathies.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D