View Single Post
# 1 31-01-2003 , 09:26 PM

Why are hard decisions so hard?

user added image
user added image

Why are hard decisions so hard?

For the past two years, I have been trying to find a job in the engineering field while I go to school for my Associates in Engineering. This now my last semester and I only have one class left. For the past two years I have had ZERO offers. Deciding to continue school after my associates, I chose to take my artistic path and I applied to Rhode Island School of Design and Rochester Institute of Technlogy for a degree in Film/Video/Animation. Leaning towards Digital Animation. user added image And getting away from my home town to experience many posibilities.

Anyway, I got a phone call yesterday from an Engineering firm. I met with them today, and they want to offer me a job. What they had to offer was a great package, a job that's everything I've been looking for in the field of Engineering. The offer is just amazing for me.

They Have a great thing for me, the only catch is; they want me for a long term commitment.

Now this is the tricky part. For a year now, I have been very exicited about continuing school for Digital Animation. I have been very big in art and computer art. My applications are out and should find out if accepted to schools in March.

However, the Engineering Firm won't hire me if I choose to continue school in animation next semester. They want me to stay home and continue Engineering and work for them.

user added image

I want the job bad, but I also want to pursue Digital Animation just as bad.

user added image
What the hell would you do in this situation??
user added image

I'm just curious to hear some peoples thoughts. This is going to take me some time to decide though.

Right now, I'm leaning towards leaving and going to school for Animation.

__________________________________________________ _

Sorry for wasting ten minutes of your life.
user added image I'm just very happy, excited, angry, frustrated, confused, and many other words I can't think of right now.
But I just had to tell someone about my awful choices.

I feel that many of you are working in your career where you may have had a crucial decision about your path that lead you where you are.
And that some might be right where I am. Ready and confused on what decision to make.

Thanks!!
user added image
And again SORRY was wasting minutes of your life.user added image

- Matt