View Single Post
# 59 20-04-2011 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
Its hard not to take it so hard as I think that 4 years is long enough and after uni that`s almost 10 years trying to do the thing I love - I really thought going for a runner role would be the way to go but if I`m not good enough for that what am I good for.

The least they could have done is gotten back to me when they said they would and gave me some feedback. After all the afford I made to get an interview and to get there the least they could do - smug b£$%^ - takes 5 min to right some feedback.

I have a 2.1 degree in 3d, a years and a bit experience as lead character modeler and made a music video that I got on MTV and no one will touch me. I work so hard it made me ill - plz someone tell me what these people want - for me to bleed on their door step. There no junior roles anywhere and runner roles are gold dust as well. How is anyone supposed to get started - its all about butt kissing people in the industry but I know no one. I can model anything, so how come no one will take a chance huh. The only other job I have ever had was retail - which is in its own shit storm with stores shutting left right and center. So for me right now there is nothing.

Sorry about the rant but I`m really pissed off with the crap email I got - its insulting and to end with "good luck with the job hunter" makes my blood boil. The UK sucks balls - no jobs and then the people who bust their ass to try and get work keep getting shot down. Worse still in 6 weeks I can`t even get Job Seekers because my girl friends earns too much money apparently - yet if she lost her job the rent and concel tax would be paid for.

But once again thx for all the kind words, but I really feel like just chucking it all in, its not worth the constant No`s.

LauriePriest here is my showreel

YouTube - Neil Roberts Showreel March 2011