View Single Post
# 19 21-04-2011 , 08:11 PM
Ahem..., (nervously clears throat)- Is this thing on?

I am making some progress in my search for a solution to get poser models into Maya.

I have found a wonderful tutorial that shows how realistic humans are made, the next section is on how the UVs work but I can already see some light at the end of the tunnel.

As far as I can tell so far, the meshes for the Poser models when imported are cut into separate pieces AND Maya decides to bind everything together automatically to the existing rig. I am moving forward on the premise that 1- a fully dressed model (but without hair) can be brought into Maya, then 2- the model needs to have the rig removed, 3- then the meshes sections are combined/merged then culled in the parts that are under the clothing, 4- then the clothing is combined/merged to the mesh, 5- and then the whole thing can be autorigged using a script.

I'm just looking for advice since I still don't know exactly what I'm doing (LOL)

For me this is all about work/cost benefit. I can see that most people want to make their own original models, and the ones that i have seen for sale online are good, but not high res enough for the movie work I would like to do. To me it seems like conforming Poser models that have so much work already in them is better use of time for me than making original ones from reference photos etc- In that case i would just commission original models and be done with it.

I am a screenwriter that wants to tell stories and animation is one way to tell stories with considerably less barriers when it comes to subject matter, nudity, action, exotic locales...., Since I want to make dramas with lots of talking heads and I'm not into any war/fantasy/sci-fi subject matter I feel more than capable to rise to the challenge.

Last edited by me2011; 21-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.