View Single Post
# 72 25-04-2011 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

sorry about what happend man, i'm in the same boat as you graduated 3 years back,
but I was lucky enough to get my foot in the door by getting onto a few animation studio internships,

I got the internships by cold calling as many game and animation studios all over the uk,
and my persistance payed off,

I too have been kicked in the teeth many a time, and I'm not going to lie, it chips away at your very core, but the thing is you have to dust yourself off and try harder,
if i've learnt anything it is never stop practicing not even for a day, perfect your art,

eventually your talent will be recognised and that call you've been waiting for will happen,

I've had 5 interviews this year already for creative type jobs my last interview was last monday, still waiting for a reply,

my advice would be to look for any game or animation studio open days, i've been to a few this year already, you can get first hand experience not only that you will let them know you exsist,

also look for competitions animation or game, I won a 3 month contract with a small games company by doing just that,

The Uk is in complete disarray, and I imagen it will be a while before things get better,

so please dont give up, if this is truely your dream then keep your chin up, cling to what gives you motivation and let that inspire you to prove all the nay sayers wrong,