View Single Post
# 9 02-05-2011 , 09:29 PM
EduSciVis-er
Mastone: First off, thanks for all the good comments on everyone's work. It's great when people take the time to go through all the entries and give helpful feedback.

That being said, I'd like to respectfully disagree with what you deem a lack of redesign. I think this is a pretty subjective criteria, and each person interpreted it to a different degree I think. Ultimately it is up to the judges to say whether the criteria were met or not.

Chirone did a great job incorporating transformers and pokemon elements, and I personally think you can't get much closer to "organic to mechanical" which was pretty much listed as an option in the original criteria. Tweetytunes was pretty clear on how he was re-interpreting his character (new costume, attitude etc.) Whether that's "enough" of a re-interpretation is again up to the judges. Rockymills was also clear on how the characters were modified (new clothes, weapons etc.)... again "enough"?? I think so... and obviously the judges did too. Great job.

As for me, well you have a fair point that I didn't post a picture (I missed that in the rules) but I assumed people would be familiar with Gordon Freeman. That was probably a poor assumption, and so I'll add a couple pictures to my thread so people know what I was going for. And if that's not enough of a redesign of a human character, well I don't know what is user added image.

All that to say, I guess it's up to opinion, but we have to go with the judging, and I think RockyMills had a well deserved win.

-stwert

Website - Blog - YouTube - Vimeo - Facebook - Twitter

-->How to Effectively Ask Questions on Forums<--