View Single Post
# 1 07-05-2011 , 09:04 PM

Motion Path Start Finish weird jump

Making tank threads and have looked at many posts and tutorials but cant get motion path to work right. Used a nurb circle to create the motion path and its currently set to 0 to 400. I attach a tread and it works fine. It did flip upside down on the bottom half of the motion path but I fixed that with a locator and used object up. Problem is when I try attaching the next tread. I want the second tread to follow the first tread and a tutorial said to go into the graph editor, select the graph, hold down the shift key and the MMB and drag the graph to the right until the second tread is in the correct position. Then use the offset number each time you add a tread to the motion path by adding the offset to the start and finish positions.
My problem is I can drag the graph to the right but nothing moves. If I drag it to the left the tread moves forward and I have to drag the graph until the tread goes all the way around and ends up behind the first tread. This appears to work until the end of the motion path. The second tread stops before the end and the first tread passes it then the second tread jumps and catches up with the first tread then they go around together, then it repeats again.
Why wont the object move when I drag the graph to the right.
Also when I try offsetting the start end times it does not move the second tread to the correct position then does not animate, it just stays there.
Any help would be appreciated.