View Single Post
# 26 09-05-2011 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
The screen is made of a number of layers - the rear is the background with the objects that don`t move printed on to it, then there is another layer with all the animations and bits on it - when you turn it on all off them light up for a second (sort of a quick test) then on top of that there is a protected glass/plastic layer.
I have already got the background created as a texture as I took some screen grabs of the web version of the game. When all characters where on one side of the screen - grab - then stitched them together in Photoshop. The middle layer will be the hardest to get right as I might have to grab every frame of animation for every character and then cut them all out.

The idea was to create a scene a little like my Grimlock one with the box and instruction book, hopefully a little camera move (hence me needing a lot of the animations). I want to make sure I get this looking as real as possible so yer a lot of the time will be lighting tweaking.

But to be fair - I would do myself very proud if I did get the screen done right - I am very luck that the flash version of the game is up on the net as it will be a great source of ref for that part. But we getting ahead of ourselves - need to finish the case first.