Thread: aargh!
View Single Post
# 8 05-02-2003 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
Hey, dpvtank i was once your age and did the same stuff.. wanted to learn tons of stuff, and I did. Since I have been 12 i have been working in graphical programs and learning html and webdesign. One piece of advice that i think others have probably gave is, do not give up. Also, if you had to learn like i did, without books.. then you just have to learn that tutorials and other things are NOT a one time go. You cant just take a tutorial and be like, oh yea.. i understand that. I went through hundreds and hundreds of tutorials (im serious) until I started getting foundation. I also learned flash and all that stuff, and well.. its basic stuff right? Now forget about your age and just keep trying basic level tutorials until you learn a new tool, then go on to others.. and keep learning new tools and then come back to a older one, then you can get farther in it. Basically, its not a easy process at most times if you learn off of the net, but once you get the foundation down of almost any program.. then it really becomes easier. Also, if you are puzzled about which books and stuff.. then thats what the internet is for user added image.. to learn stuff like that. So go onto amazon.com and search up maya books and read reviews, and ask on SimplyMaya, and then when you have really gave it a lot of thought.. then you can buy a book with some savings. So, keep on trying, and trying and trying and within months you will be saying the same thing to the other people posting the same messages as this, and you will feel proud.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com