View Single Post
# 1 03-09-2011 , 06:21 AM

animation and rigging questions

hello,
i have 4 questions
1. on the character i created i smooth skinned it i want to know how to undo that
2. some bones pick up points i dont want them to and it makes it look bad, so do i add more bones? move them around or is there a way i can edit what points get attached to each bone using envelops or something like that i used 3ds max before so i dont even know if maya calls them envelops im a newbie so not sure what to do at all on this one
3. when i do move the bones i have my character in a sort of t position so. the when i bind the bones and character together and i move the arm too his side instead of point directly outwards i noticed it only really pulls on on line of polygons as in i rotate it 90 degrees and it stretches them so they look bad on my model can i add more polys or is there a way to make it stretch out more on other polys my character has 60k polys so he isnt tiny
4.animation im sure theres an auto command thing where you can just move the object and it will mark it in the timeline i dont knwo how to do that
sorry for it being so long but i really need help wonder if you guys could help me out i want to be a part of a forum because i might need to know things and its a new community ways to meet people and all that. anyway thanks for any help you can offeruser added imageuser added image
oh admins if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it

Last edited by quantumarchi; 03-09-2011 at 01:30 PM.