View Single Post
# 1 23-09-2011 , 02:47 PM
Acid44

Anyone have experience dealing with bald faced hornets?

Me and my girlfriend are both allergic to them, and today I came across a few inside on my way out for a smoke.

We've had a few before, kill one and a few soldiers were waiting outside our door for us for about 8 hours. After they left I thought they were done with us. That was about 3 weeks to a month ago. Now though, they seem to have found a way inside.

My landlord is doing construction on the upper levels of the house, and doesn't seem to mind the birds living there, or bugs getting in, because 1 windows has been off it's hinges/frame completely for 2 months now, and another 3 are wide open. Going to call him later on and get him to address this.

Anyways, there were 4 inside, they were pretty docile (I'm guessing because it's been fairly chilly lately) and I managed to get them into a 2 litre pop bottle filled with bleach with no issues. But I can't really risk things like that because I don't know how allergic I am. So I was just wondering if anyone may know how to deal with them on an individual basis without the risk of them being able to release that lovely pheromone that calls the horde to murder me D: