View Single Post
# 1 11-10-2011 , 08:30 PM

Simple studio Apartment

Hey guys.

So, this is my first project since coming back to Maya after a year. Starting to work on a basic one room apartment for the architecture, but really complex modeling on what will populate it. Did this over the weekend.

Some things to note:

This is a basic quick and dirty lighting set up to give me some atmosphere to work in and should not be considered a final lighting approach (I'm aware of problems like repeating shadows , burn outs, etc.)

Many surface details are in progress- IE, some aren't beveled, smoothed or anything but the primary polygonal shapes.

The finishing work of the furniture and props thus far is newly in progress. Like I just started working on them. For instance, I just starting beating up the couch cushions on the left side of the couch and am refining the swing-arm lamp geometry (all swing arm lamp geometry here created free-hand in curves except for the arms. There is a glitch in the vertex at the mid radius of the shade/bowl which has unfortunately created a banding effect I need to fix.)

All this stuff said, This is my first time actually attempting to mimic the real world and it's objects, and not some fantasy space station to begin with. Even though I like my space station.

Hope you all like these and any constructive criticism will be appreciated. Be kind. I'm a newb. Please remember that.

Travis

user added image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

LAMP work...

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by TravisCowsill; 11-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.