View Single Post
# 14 13-10-2011 , 03:20 PM

NOt bloody bad for a noob mate!!! nicely done thus far. The only thing I see sticking out...the nuts that attach the light to the clamp...I could be wrong but they look too square and not octagonal enough...but I dont know what they look like...just my experience with nuts and bolts in the general sense. Keep it up mate....looking good

cheers bullet

Fare Dinkum with regard to the more octagon shape on the nuts, mate. And believe me, I was lucky to get them that decent. I did a curve extrusion and tried to boolian the center with a pipe, but that mucked up the geometry. So i just used a duplicate of the original curve so it the functionality is not really accurate as to how it would actually screw in.

I agree. This was just a first attempt. The hinge pipes and inner workings are not accurate either. my internet's been down and even at work, I couldn't find on Google a close shot of the mechanics of that area inside the bracket. Funny, I've owned this model of lamp for like what, 30 years?

never know what you may need to really pay close attention to. I have to go the lamp store and take some photos.

Thanks for the REALLY kind comment btw. With everyone on here so experienced and really just masters of the software, it can (occasionally) you know, be a little imposing. I respect so many artists here.

Just amazing.

Best,