Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 17 13-10-2011 , 10:23 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
I still feel the forms are a bit odd in your update. I didn't mean the muscle details when I was referring to your creature. I think just the basic proportions and the silhouette need refining. I understand this is just a test of the dynamesh feature. But if you decided to take this project further, I might invest some time and the lowest subdivision pulling out the forms.

A lot of the posed sculpts you see on ZBC are for still images, and detailing you model in posed form greatly helps you emphasize the action, muscle/skin stretching etc. And sometimes people will pose them once finished, just to make sure they look the part when in different poses. No character is ever going to be in a T-pose in an animation or still, so it's good practice.

You latest shark-woman sculpt is looking very interesting.

If you are interested, I can show you what I was referring to when talking about the proportions of your creature. If you uploaded a version of it for download, lowest subdivision only, in .obj format or similar... so no one has your ztl. I could throw it around a bit, and show you what I meant. Of course, I would upload a base mesh too in good faith... Just a thought... an exchange of ideas?

Anyway, looking forward to more.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"