View Single Post
# 1 16-10-2011 , 09:52 PM

Alpha Channel Problem.

I'm trying to import hair created in photoshop, but I'm having troubles. I created the hair, and added the alpha channel, exported both out. went into maya added a lambert to a plane. Added file node, by clicking color added my file TGA but the painted hair was just on the plane, and it was the same color as my background color for the image.

I tried adding the alpha channel seperatly by clicking transparency, and adding the file, but it didn't change anything. Alpha Luminance checked or unchecked doesn't do anything...

----- Picture Preperation ----

- Painted hair, change background color to match hair, added the alpha channel, saved both..

----- what I've noticed in Maya ----------

The shader ball in attributes editor has the color of my hair, and the black and white checkered matt for trancparency...

If I slide alpha gain down my entire plane dissapears hair and all (don't know if that's normal or not, lol)

ahh.. I notice when the guy saved his file in the tutorial, which is good by the way if someone stumbles upon this.

(https://www.andrewklein.net/bh/char09.html)

that is if you can get it to work, lol.

anyway, when he saved photoshop didn't ask him anything. It asked me if I wanted to save as a certain bit type, it gave me a few, I picked the highest one, 64 or some thing..

can anyone solve this for me?