Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 51 21-10-2011 , 03:11 AM
Ahhhh, lets talk about proportions. It is all math in the end. Your head is composed of your the size of your eyes. They make up 2/8 of distance. Therefore your eyes stacked side by side should make 1/2 your head. The other distance would be the middle composed of 2/8 and the sides composed of 1/8. The eye then curves on both ends of the inferior and superior orbitals. These are generally at the 1/16 mark. The head should be 3/4 of the distance in width and depth. Just work off your 1 head scale and in the end you get a complete body that is proportionally sound. The head is 1, the shoulders arch at the next half a head. Your nipple are at the second head. Depending on how low your pubic triangle sinks below the hips your belly button will sink below the third head. The knees are 1/4 above the 6th head and you carry the heel down to the 8th. Arms are 2 1/4 heads as well... Math doesn't lie, the perspective does. The reason you see a proportion issue is not because the ears are in the wrong place. It is because the ears really have been ignored and they aren't protruding toward the mandible and zygomatic arch. Will get to them in due time but that is easy. Thanks for the critique murambi and I hope these proportion guidelines help someone. I will post a pic of the grid in a couple of days to append to this...

I began painting the ecorche of the gorilla today as well...

Posted a proportions model I did a while back. Shows a 8 head scale...
Unfortunately my facial anatomy work is on a Mac drive and I switched to PC since then...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Chavfister; 21-10-2011 at 03:19 AM.