Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 56 22-10-2011 , 03:48 PM
Hmmmm...

I agree with you that it is not photoreal by any standard. The skin is somewhat too clean and plastic-like but that is the SSS of C4D in some ways. I actually never wanted photoreal because of the whole animation thing. If you get hyperreal you get burned when trying to make them talk. I am happy with something close to the standard of pixar quality but good enough to execute in FaceRobot with my mocap system. Kind of my testing grounds for a bust. Since I have never actually created one before this to a certain likeness. Only been at the 3d game for a little over a year and a half. Gotta keep pushin...

There are many things that need fixing. I agree whole-heartedly with everything that you posted Jay. A work in progress. I have neglected the ears since the beginning but will get to those in the next couple of days. The eyes are weak in my opinion as well. Would kill for my 5D out in LA right now to shoot a "longer" shot but this point and shoot will have to do...

Attached is a frontal side-by-side of my dad. Since the lens is pretty wide and ZBrush isn't I can't really go off of the wrap because of the "barreling" the point and shoot creates....

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Chavfister; 22-10-2011 at 03:57 PM.